Cashew Ricotta with Beet-Flavored Linguine
Originating in the Genoa region of Italy, linguine is a form of pasta having an elliptical shape rather than being flat and being wider than spaghetti but less wide than fettuccine. Literally meaning little tongues, linguine is often served with pesto or tomato dishes. However, when you have them with cashew ricotta, the taste is truly speechless! Cashew ricotta is creamy and is used to season dishes in different ways. In this recipe, a creamy and garlicky cashew ricotta balances the syrupy tastes of caramelized onions and beet.
Approximate Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Approximate Cooking Time: 20-30 minutes
Per Cup with 2 Tablespoons Cashew Ricotta: Fat – 15g, Protein – 13g, Carb – 58g, Fiber – 10g, Sugar – 8g
For Making Cashew Ricotta
- Olive oil, divided – 4 teaspoons
- Nutritional yeast – 4 teaspoons
- Raw cashew nuts soaked for 2-4 hours – 2 cups
- Big head garlic – 1
- Sea salt – 1 teaspoon
- Apple cider vinegar – 5 teaspoons
- Fresh lemon juice – 2 tablespoons
For Making Linguine
- Olive oil, divided – 0.5 tablespoon
- Removed beets, greens – 0.5 lb
- Chopped medium red onion – 1.5 cups
- Balsamic vinegar – 1.5 teaspoons
- Mirin (rice wine) – 1.5 teaspoons
- Whole-wheat linguine – 8 oz
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley – ¼ cup
This recipe needs 1.5 cups of cashew ricotta.
- First, you need to prepare cashew ricotta. For that, heat the oven up to 400°F.
- Remove the garlic head top, sprinkle a teaspoon of oil, and cover the same in parchment paper followed by a foil. Roast this foil until it is soft or for an hour.
- Drain the wet cashews and put them in a food processor. To the nuts, add one tablespoon of oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, and nutritional yeast. Now, squash roasted garlic it and blend until the mixture becomes smooth. Finally, put the mix in a medium bowl.
- Now, you need to prepare linguine. In a large saucepan, add beets and adequate water covering 1 inch and allow it boil. Put the cover, bring down the heat to medium-low, and cook until the beets become tender or for 40 minutes.
- Once beets are ready, drain them and remove their skins by keeping under cool water running down, and then chop beets thickly.
- Over medium heat, put a big skillet and heat one tablespoon of oil and then sauté onions in it for 10 minutes. Then, bring down the flame to medium-low, and simmer for an additional 15 minutes. Now, mix mirin and balsamic vinegar and simmer until the liquid goes away or until 2 minutes.
- Put the aforementioned onion mix in a food processor to which you also need to add the puree and beets. Blend the mix until smooth and then flavor it with salt and pepper. Finally, put the mix in a medium saucepan and let it remain warm.
- Boil the linguine pasta as per the instructions on its pack and drain them, leaving behind three tablespoons of pasta water.
- Now, toss the pasta with beet sauce, pasta water, and left behind oil.
- Sprinkle each serving with chopped parsley and 2 tablespoons cashew ricotta.
If you are planning your next trip to Italy book hotels, flights, rental cars at best price guaranteed!